Family Mart #3: The Chocolate Mousse (RM 5.97)




Lately I’ve been binge watching Japanese shows on Netflix, namely ‘Restaurant to another world’, Midnight Stories : Tokyo Diner, and Kantaro: The sweet tooth salaryman. The latter has become a bit of an obsession of mine, the protagonist is very relatable in many ways to the average salaryman worldwide. We all have some sort of secret we’re harbouring about what we like or how we act around people whom we’re not comfortable with. However, my latest hobby does not help with my diet as I watch Kantaro devour sweet after sweets, dessert after dessert, my sweet tooth has started to ache. My solution? Family Mart Dessert lah!
Here is my first dessert review !

Appearance

The Chocolate Mousse is not at all eye catching unlike its friend the dark chocolate mousse. It has a monotone colour throughout except for the white chocolate block on top and a thin layer of sponge cake on the bottom. However, it does look luscious and luxurious in its simplicity. Like a beautiful flower, it does not ask for attention. It knows its own worth well enough to sit idly and await its suitor. The chocolate is glazed and shiny on top, making it look smooth to the point of seduction. It is at that point that I grab it, and softly cradle it in my arms whilst making my way, surely, to the counter.

That first bite
As I open the cover of this highly anticipated dessert, the chocolates glistens even more. I shuddered, thinking about how much I wanted to eat it. Scooping the chocolate was very easy and assuring. The texture provided a little bit of resistance and proved that it was densely packed with chocolate. The first taste was just wonderful! The perfect word that describes the Mousse would be: Decadent. This dessert is so decadent, filling and very satisfying. It will fill you with awe that it only costs RM 5.97 and can be found at a convenience store. It puts to shame some restaurants desserts that costs triple fold.

Getting through it
Unfortunately, as with any mousse, there is the problem of it being overwhelming is high. This mousse is very dense and thick, as it should be but if the ratio of the sponge cake were to be increased, I’m sure we wouldn’t be ‘muak’ or ‘jelak’ so easily by the thickness of the concoction. However, its saving grace and pitfall was the white chocolate placed on top. It was very, very, hard and difficult to bite into, but it did provide as a distraction from the mousse and freshened me up to finish the whole thing.

What could it benefit from
This chocolate mousse is no doubt much better than are offered by some restaurants around KL, at a fraction of the price, but it could benefit with a mint leaf, more sponge cake, or even in fact, less mousse. The white chocolate bar could be more accommodating to ones teeth but taste – wise it was delicious.

The Verdict
For what it is, how much it is, and where you can buy it from (convenience), I give it a high 9.1/10
It is a must try <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Mart #1 : Chicken Parmesan Slice

Family Mart #2 : Chicken Teriyaki and Egg Sandwich (RM5.50)

Family Mart #4: Tiramisu Parfait (Rm 5.97)